Today our guest post is by Samantha Lambright and her two helpers from our Nass Valley, who will share the family’s favorite recipe in our guest post. The stories is that everyone who tastes her Chocolate Chunk Pecan cookies will keep saying that these are very delicious cookies. Homemade ‘Legendary’ Chocolate Chunk Pecan Cookies have a perfect crispy texture on the outside and a chewy inside. With the chocolate and toasted pecans they have became a loved cookie. Thank you Sam and beloved helpers to share your favorite recipe here. Have a fun hour to make this cookies!
Recipe from: “COOKWISE” by Shirley O. Corriher
(Makes about 2 1/2 Dozen cookies)
250 ml (=1 cup) Pecans, coarsely chopped
30 ml = 1/8 cup = 2 Tbsp Butter unsalted
350 Grams All purpose flour
3 ml = 3.45 grams Salt
3 ml = 3.45 grams Baking soda
150 grams butter unsalted
100 grams Granulated sugar
70 grams Light brown sugar
45 ml (estimated 3 Tbsp) Light corn syrup
30 ml (estimated 2 Tbsp) Milk
15 ml (estimated 3 Tsp) Pure Vanilla Extract
225 grams (5-6 cubes)Baker’s Semi-Sweet-Chocolate, chopped
Preparation and Baking
1. Preheat the oven to 177 C (350 F).
2. On a large baking sheet, roast the pecans for 10 to 12 minutes. While the nuts are still hot, stir in 30 ml butter.
3. Turn the oven up to 190 C (375 F)
4. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium mixing bowl.
5. Using an electric mixer, cream fat and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add the corn syrup. Add the liquid and beat throughly. Bean in the vanilla. On low speed, gradually add the dry ingredients until throughly combined. Scrape down the sides once with a rubber spatula. Add the pecans and chocolate chips. Bean 5 seconds on low. Use the rubber spatula to finish mixing in well.
6. Baking tray, lay baking paper. With a tables spoon or an ice cream scoop (about 3 cm in diameter), drop heaped spoons of batter about 5 cm apart onto the baking sheet. Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes or until the edges just begin to brown. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the sheet on a cooking rack for 3 minutes, then remove the cookies to a rack to cool completely
…12 Minutes later Sam’s “Legendary” Chocolate Chunk Pecan Cookies are ready for everyone.