Bishop Bay to Klemtu
Tuesday 15 April 2014
Even though the forecast was grim we decided to see how far we could get. If it got too bad we could always have a sleigh back to the hot springs.
In April the weather in North Coast is still feel like winter. We left Bishop Bay at 7.30 a.m. while tide low and suddenly engine had decreased from 6 k to 3 k. Something had gone wrong and Stephen’s face turn very concerned. We head back to Bishop Bay to check what is wrong. After docked the boat up at the dock Stephen checked propeller and we found old rope and kelp had wrapped around the Blades. It was fabric so he cleared it off with a big smile. All is well, so we leave Bishop Bay a second time in 2 hours.
We next leave Bishop Bay at 08.15 a.m.
We intended to head to Klumtu today. Two hours later the weather had been windy with gale warning and rain. Plus more waves that doesn’t high but will make it difficult for long distance motoring to Klemtu. At 10.35 a.m. We then decided to changed direction to go back to Hartley Bay and starting using head sail with 6 k.
Then again the wind stopped. We change to go back to Klemtu channel. 3-4 k until we reach to Fraser Butedale Lake at 13.30 p.m.
Passed Nomel Lake at 14.30 p.m. with 6 k
Passing Green Inlet with 6-7 k at 16.40 p.m.
Around 20.00 p.m. we arrived at Klemtu
Another long day.
Using propane and candles tonight to keep warm inside cabin.