Get your blueberry fix with this blueberry olive oil cake. Made with almond and corn flour and sweetened with honey, it’s the perfect treat for dessert or breakfast! Gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free. Prep Time 15 minutes Cook Time 50 minutes Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes Servings 8 Author Tessa Fisher
- Olive oil for greasing pan; Coconut palm sugar to dust pan
- 2 cups almond flour firmly packed, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup blueberries rinsed and dried (if frozen, thawed and drained)
- Optional toppings:
- Fresh blueberries
- Powdered sugar
- Coconut or regular whipped cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease sides and bottom of a 9×2 round cake pan with olive oil or coconut oil. Line bottom with parchment, greasing on top of parchment as well.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 cups almond flour, corn flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk honey, milk, olive oil, vanilla extract, and eggs.
- Using an electric mixer or by hand, gradually add liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until lumps no longer appear. Add lemon zest. Stir to combine.
- Rinse out your small bowl, wipe dry. Add remaining tablespoon of almond flour and blueberries. Gently stir to coat. Fold blueberries into batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Place cake pan on the middle oven rack and bake for about 45-55 minutes, or until middle is set and a toothpick or fork come out clean. Cool cake on wire rack.
- When cool, use a knife to loosen cake from sides of pan. Invert cake over onto serving plate. Serve with fresh blueberries and sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
The top of this cake will have a deeper brown due to the coconut sugar and honey used in the recipe.